Effective Call To Action is Essential
The call to action or CTA is at the core of a successful website and every website should have a call to action.
There are a number of potential CTAs to attract qualified leads, including:
- Download my free eBook now
- Start a free trial
- Make an appointment
- Get a free consultation
There are established best practice but will depend on the type of user you expect to visit your website.
CTAs should be:
- Visually striking with copy that compels you to click the offer
- Brief: A couple of words is best, no more than five is ideal
- Action-oriented: Begin with a verb like "Download" or "Register"
- Located in an easy-to-find spot that follows organically from the flow of the webpage
- In a contrasting color from the color scheme of the webpage, while still fitting in with the overall design
- Large enough to see from a distance, but not so large as to detract attention from the main content on the page
- Easy to understand and clear: Be sure to state exactly what the visitor will get if they click on the CTA and go to the landing page
There are 8 common types of CTAs and they are:
- Lead Generation
- Form Submission
- Read More buttons
- Product or Service Discovery
- Social Sharing
- Lead Nurturing
- Closing the Sale
- Event Promotion
What CTAs will work best for your website will depend on what goals you have and what you are expecting to get from your sites visitors.